Thursday, February 6, 2020

God's Plan {My full quiver Mother's Day}

1. Thought we were done after Kyle.
2. Thought we were done after Charlie.
3. Thought we were done after Kolbie.
4. But then....

*Brynlee was born exactly 4 months after this picture was taken. #Godknew.
*Kaitlin graduates in 1 week, then starts nursing school. #Godknew.
*Connor is going into the Navy & will do his entrance tests this month. #Godknew.
*Kylie is finishing her freshman year and is still too young for Driver's Ed. No huge 'milestones' for her right now. #PraiseJesus.
*Charlie turns 7 in 18 days & will continue on at his awesome school. #PraiseJesus.
*Kolbie, 5, will start Kindergarten. Without Brynlee. #PrayforMama.
*Brynlee, 4, will continue her fabulous preschool. Without Kolbie. #PrayforMama

I've felt the press of the biggest parenting transitions happening all at once this month. Sending one off to college & kindergarten at the same time? Constant communication with Navy Recruiters and IEP teams? And knowing that my little girls...BFF's like I've never seen before...separate this fall due to their ages. I prayed about holding Kolbie back, or sending to a private school so Brynlee could start now...but it just wasn't God's answer.

This next year will be a time of growth. A time of stretch. A year I suspect I will feel the Refiner's Fire in a way I have not yet experienced. TRUST. RELEASE. PRAY. REPEAT.

Have I ever felt the weight of Mother's Day quite like I am right now? The overwhelming recognition that God created 6 individuals to whom he said, "I have chosen LeAnne as your mom."?

*Three kids from my womb.
*Two kids from another's.
*One kid from another.

All mine, fully, completely, forever & ever. A blessing, just like Christ's death & resurrection, of which I am fully undeserving. My heart is overwhelmed, and I am gratefully broken. #toHIMbetheglory.

No comments:

Post a Comment