If you are looking to jump right in to not just a fantastic novel but also have a front row seat for the start of a new book series, Deadly Proof is one you'll want to read! Deadly Proof is book one in the 'Atlanta Justice' series, and is a fast-paced weaving of murder mystery & legal thriller. The heroine is Kate Sullivan, a young and brilliant attorney who is hoping to become the Lead Counsel in case against a large pharmaceutical company. If selected, Kate will have to go up against her good friend and law school classmate Ethan Black. It doesn't take long for Kate to find herself in the midst of something bigger than she anticipated, as someone from the pharmaceutical company reaches out to her and shares that things within MPC (the pharmaceutical company) are deeper and darker than the lawsuit suggests. Kate wants to make sure her source is credible--she hires Landon James, a private investigator, to check out the source as well as the source's information.
The novel begins to take a more dangerous turn, and soon Kate finds that she needs Landon not just as an investigator, but as her personal body guard. The main storyline centers around Kate & Landon, but the other characters are very well developed. The novel is detailed, suspenseful, fast-paced, and doesn't leave any loose ends. I enjoyed the novel, and cannot wait for the second book!
*I received a copy of this book from the publisher, but was under no obligation to write a review. My honest opinion has been provided without any requirement to write a positive review.*
Click here to purchase your copy.
About the BookBook title: Deadly Proof
Author: Rachel Dylan
Release date: September 5, 2017
Genre: Legal Romantic Suspense
Tapped as lead counsel in a corporate cover-up lawsuit against Mason Pharmaceutical, Kate Sullivan knows this case could make her career. What really drives her, though, is getting justice for the victims whose lives were ruined by the company’s dangerous new drug. But when a whistleblower turns up dead, it paints a target on the back of everyone involved. Former Army Ranger turned private investigator Landon James steps in to handle security for Kate. He’s still haunted by mistakes in his past and is determined never to let something like that happen again. But it soon appears someone is willing to do anything–even commit murder–to keep the case from going to trial. As danger closes in, Landon can’t help but admire Kate’s courage and resolve–but will her determination not to back down become too great of a risk?
To celebrate the tour, Bethany House is giving away four Suspense Novels and a $25 Starbucks Gift Card!!
Click below to enter. Be sure to comment on this post before you enter to claim 9 extra entries!
About the AuthorRachel Dylan was a litigator in one of the nation’s most elite law firms for over eight years and now works as an attorney at one of the Big Three automobile manufacturers. She is the author of four Love Inspired Suspense novels and lives in Michigan with her husband. She is active on social media, and you can visit her website at www.racheldylan.com.
- The Atlanta Justice series is centered around strong, female lawyers who take on high-stakes cases. What made you want to write their stories?I’d have to say it’s personal! Having been an attorney for eleven years now, I love being able to pour parts of myself into the books. My everyday life as a lawyer isn’t that exciting and is definitely not as dangerous! But I’m able to draw on what I’ve lived through to bring life and authenticity to these characters.
- What type of research did you do for Deadly Proof?One of the great things about writing books related to my career is that I know lawyers who practice all different types of law. Deadly Proof focuses on Kate Sullivan, who is a plaintiff’s attorney taa Rafflecopter giveaway king on a big pharmaceutical company. I don’t do this specific type of plaintiff’s work, but I know lawyers who do, and I was able to talk with them. Also, I was able to relate to my characters on the defense side because I’ve done that work for years. It was really fun to write the perspectives of characters on both sides of the case.
- Is there a reason you chose Atlanta for this series?Yes! I’m from Georgia and lived in Atlanta, practicing law at a large law firm, for eight years. I wanted to pick a setting I was intimately familiar with to give readers an authentic Atlanta experience—sweet tea and all.
- Where do you think Kate’s passion for her work comes from?Kate truly believes that her life’s work is to help those who have been wronged. I believe a lot of her passion stems from her strong faith that has developed over the years. She’s not a lawyer to make big bucks but to change people’s lives for the better.
- What is the next book in the Atlanta Justice series about?Book two is about Kate’s friend Sophie Dawson, who we meet in Deadly Proof. Sophie is an Atlanta prosecutor. This story is exciting because it involves a completely different type of legal case than Deadly Proof. But I promise things get just as dangerous!
September 26: A Baker’s Perspective
September 26: Book Reviews From an Avid Reader
September 26: Faithfully Bookish
September 27: Reading Is My SuperPower
September 27: Fizzy Pop Collection
September 27: Blogging With Carol
September 28: Fiction Aficionado
September 28: Moments Dipped in Ink
September 28: Genesis 5020
September 29: Just Commonly
September 29: Bukwurmzzz
September 29: D’S QUILTS & BOOKS
September 30: 100 Pages per Hour
September 30: Smiling Book Reviews
October 1: A Reader’s Brain
October 1: Bigreadersite
October 1: Carpe Diem
October 1: Christian Bookaholic
October 2: Karen Sue Hadley
October 2: History, Mystery & Faith
October 2: Black ‘n’ Gold Girl’s Book Spot
October 3: A Simply Enchanted Life
October 3: Avid Reader Book Reviews
October 3: Just the Write Escape
October 4: Mary Hake
October 4: Through the Open Window
October 5: Inklings and notions
October 5: Ashley’s Bookshelf
October 6: Pause for Tales
October 6: Have A Wonderful Day
October 6: Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations
October 7: Just Jo’Anne
October 7: Redeemed Hope Dweller
October 7: Book Bites, Bee Stings, & Butterfly Kisses
October 8: Neverending Stories
October 8: Rockin’ My Mom Jeans
October 8: Cafinated Reads
October 9: Blossoms and Blessings
October 9: His Grace is Sufficient
October 9: Raining Butterfly Kisses