Monday, December 12, 2011

Just Trust

Ever had a season in life where you know God has a plan and a purpose, but you just don’t know what it is? Then–in His own timing–God reveals it bit by bit. You may be overjoyed. Or overwhelmed. Encouraged. Perhaps still confused. Content. Impatient.

Boy, wouldn’t help along the way to know what it is that God desires of us? I’ve thought, “Reveal yourself, Lord, and I can follow you more completely”.

And then I listen to my 8 year old daughter read from her devotion book:

God made a promise. But do I believe it? I say, “Do, something, God, and I will trust you.” God says, “Trust me and then I will do something!” *

God has such amazing plans for me–and for you–and He simply asks us to trust Him. It’s so easy in my sinful humanity to ask for a sign. But keep in mind:

  • We celebrate Christmas–Christ’s Birth! God did that “something” for us.
  • We believe in the Resurrection–again, my celebration at Easter means I need to show my belief and trust God completely year-round.

In John 6:30 the crowds say to Jesus, “Then what sign will you do, that we may see and believe you?

Do you know what day the crowd asked Jesus this? One day after He fed over 5,000 people with five barley loaves and two fish! The day after He walked on water & the crowd couldn’t figure out how Jesus got to Capernaum because they knew He had not gone by boat. Signs were all around, yet the people wanted more before they would give Jesus anything. I can’t pretend my response would have been any different.

As 2011 comes to a close, God has laid this upon my heart:  JUST TRUST. May He lay the same upon your heart as well.

*Book excerpt taken from Jesus Wants all of Me-Bedtime Prayer Edition. Barbour Publishing, Urischsville, OH. Copyright 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment