|We took the pumpkin cookie recipe & turned it into a bar cookie!|
I had anticipated that an Amish cookbook would be time consuming, difficult to replicate recipes, and just simply above both my skill set as well as my timeframe. Oh, I was definitely wrong with all my assumptions!
- I love this cookbook. It holds the prettiness of The Pioneer Woman in that it's truly a beautiful book in and of itself. If you are building a collection of "pretty" books for your kitchen, Gather Around the Amish Table is one you want to add.
- The recipes are simple. Basic. Time savers. Ingredients are things I either have on hand or can easily purchase at the store.
- The recipes are great for large families. And regular size families.
- The book contains great stories. It is fun reading the snippets regardless of what you decide to make.
- It is a wonderful collaboration. Gather Around the Amish Table contains "treasured recipes and stories from Plain Communities". In some ways it reminds me of the church and family reunion cookbooks I have in my cabinet, but contains a wonderfully professional touch that helps create a phenomenal resource!
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for my honest review. ~LDK
Get your fall baking underway with an Amish baking basket giveaway from Lucy and MennoMedia!
One grand prize winner will receive:
- A copy of Gather Around the Amish Table
- An Amish baking basket full of goodies
Enter today by clicking the icon below. But hurry, the giveaway ends on September 29th. The winner will be announced September 30th on the Litfuse blog.